- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
A good way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia is to visit our Staff blog. If at any time you get stuck, feel free to write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Hey, I've added my squad to the photo, I'm not shure what to do now. Please help me out here.
Hey dude, I like what you have done with rail's sprite. I just got one request, can you make the pants darker on the top one? Thanks.
His pants are now darker, it may not look like it but they are.
An apology. Edit
Dude, 'm sorry for messing with your art work. I was just changing the color of Rail's Pants and Boot's in th DS sheet so he'd look like the way I draw him. I'm sorry dude, I'm sorry.
It's totally okEdit
i just wanted to know because i couldn't find a change. :)
Remove and replace. Edit
Hey dued, if you wish to get rid of the drawings of Rail on here, it's ok I'll just redo them as sprites.
Request for help Edit
Hi BMF. I approved your request, and I'm here to follow up with you. In your request, you didn't mention anything specific, so what did you want help with? JoePlay (talk) 22:05, December 22, 2011 (UTC)
i just find that my wiki looks too unprofessional, it's simple and easy but poorly designed. I don't know how do make it look like an actual wiki layout.
BionicleManFanatic 04:25, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I would recommend using a custom logo and a good main page layout. I just uploaded a possible logo here. If you like it, go ahead and upload it as the wiki's logo at Special:ThemeDesigner. If you want me to change anything on it, let me know.
- For the main page, because there are so many sprites on the wiki, I would recommend using a sprite for each of the main links - series, bios, animators, etc. - because image links are more interesting than just text links. For example:
Meet the animators
- If you want to try that idea, just choose what images you want to use for each link and list them for me. I will also organize the rest of the information on the main page when I setup the section for the main links. JoePlay (talk) 19:24, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
i had just tried doing it myself, i think it would be better if you put them in. XD
BionicleManFanatic 21:48, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
thank you very much! I'll contact you again if any changes need to be made that i can't accomplish. Until then, happy holodays to you too! BionicleManFanatic 23:18, December 28, 2011 (UTC)